Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Andhra Pradesh CM K Rosaiah resigns

NEW DELHI: Andhra Pradesh chief minister K Rosaiah announced on Wednesday that he would be quitting on grounds of health. He told reporters that he would submit his resignation to Governor ESL Narasimhan.

"I have done my best as the CM of the state. No one asked for my resignation, it's my own call," Rosaiah said while announcing his resignation on TV.

I urge my successor to keep Andhra Pradesh Congress together, Rosaiah further added.

Senior Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee, Ahmed Patel and Moily are going to Hyderabad to deal with the situation.

Read more: Andhra Pradesh CM K Rosaiah resigns - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Andhra-Pradesh-CM-K-Rosaiah-resigns/articleshow/6980998.cms#ixzz16CmMGPcd

No comments: