Friday, December 18, 2009

I came to Mumbai to act in films, never seen an AK-47: Kasab

I came to Mumbai to act in films, never seen an AK-47: Kasab

Mumbai, Dec 18: In a dramatic turn around, the lone captured Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir alias Kasab on Friday retracted his confession made earlier saying that he had come to Mumbai to work in Bollywood films and had never seen an AK-47 rifle in his life.

Retracting the confession made before a magistrate on February 20 this year, Kasab told a special court that he had come to Mumbai at least 20 days before the 26/11 terror attacks. “I was arrested three days before the 26/11 attacks, when I was going around Juhu area with some friends. I was in police custody at the time of the attacks,” he told the stunned courtroom. Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said that he had always anticipated that Kasab would retract his confessional statement.

No comments: